Doing Business with The Auto Club Group
Thank you for your interest in developing a business relationship with the Procurement department of The Auto Club Group (ACG). Procurement’s role is to source commodities and services for the corporation. Our primary responsibility is to build relationships with selected suppliers and to manage ongoing supplier relationships.
To begin the supplier qualification process, please complete and submit the ACG Supplier Inquiry Form. Your inquiry will be forwarded to a member of the ACG Procurement department. Should your company match our business needs, one of our sourcing representatives will contact you for more information.
What criteria are used when selecting a supplier?
There are multiple criteria utilized when selecting our suppliers. Some of the factors we look at include: the firm’s ability to offer a product or service that meets the request for bid or quote; quality of the product or service being provided; competitive pricing; and the firm’s ability to deliver excellence.
We seek suppliers that will meet or exceed The Auto Club Group’s standards for quality and customer satisfaction by providing:
- Dependable and innovative delivery of products and services
- Competitive Pricing
- Timely Communications
- Delivery as promised
- No substitutions without approval
- Financial stability
- High ethics
- Programs of continuous improvement
- Effective resolution of warranty claims
- Compliance with ACG purchasing, shipping and invoicing procedures
- Establish quality working relationship with ACG
- Compliance with ACG standard terms and conditions
- Compliance with negotiated contract terms
- Performance and reporting to contractual service levels
The mission of the Supplier Diversity Program is to contribute to the economic growth of the company, and the communities we serve, by establishing business relationships with enterprises owned by people of color and women-owned (minority and women owned business enterprises, or MWBE’s).
Statement from Charles H. Podowski, President and CEO
The Auto Club Group has long been committed to strengthening the minority/woman-owned business community. Our experience proves that assuring equal opportunity for MWBEs to compete among our broader supplier community is first and foremost good business. Supplier diversity has yielded numerous efficiency improvements throughout our enterprise that have directly improved our ability to serve our members.
In addition, a diverse supplier base also provide the Auto Club Group with opportunities to lend our strength to growing businesses in some of our most economically-challenged areas. Encouraging entrepreneurship and competitiveness is the best way to make a lasting positive impact on a community.
One last reason that we will continue to actively seek out diverse suppliers is because it is just plain fair that our vendors reflect the cultural variety of our membership and workforce. We look forward to strengthening our relations with current MWBEs and forging new partnerships with emerging competitive enterprises.
Charles H. Podowski
Is certification required?
While certification is not mandated at this point, it is highly encouraged. Certification is taken into account during our supplier reviews. Certification is critical to ensuring accurate reporting of dollars spent with MWBE’s. We encourage certification by the local affiliate of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) or the Women’ Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
Who is considered as a MWBE?
A business enterprise which is at least 51% owned and controlled and managed by a minority or woman
What is the purpose of the program?
The goal of the program is to ensure that the pool of suppliers mirrors the diversity of our membership and the communities we serve. It is a commitment by our company to ensure the inclusion of minority and women-owned businesses in the competitive process for the purchase of commodities and services
Supplier Diversity Program Objectives
- Enhance our supplier population to secure better prices and higher quality through increased competition.
- Develop and maintain a supplier population which is representative of the racial, ethnic, and gender diversity of our membership and the communities we serve.
- Reflect our commitment as an economic partner in the communities in which we conduct business.
- There is a commitment, throughout the highest levels of management in the company, to a competitive procurement process which includes all segments of the business community.
- It embraces several of our corporate guiding principals: Integrity, diversity, corporate citizenship and financial strength.
- A procurement process that is inclusive aids in strengthening the business community by promoting economic growth, innovation and lower costs.
- Supplier Diversity enhances our strategic alliances by developing strong relationships with a diverse supplier base within the communities we serve
The supplier diversity program is committed to creating an environment in which MWBE’s have genuine and equal opportunity in the procurement process, by assisting all areas of ACG with procurement authority to diversify their supplier base. In addition, the supplier diversity program is committed to maintaining strong relationships with MWBE’s and supporting their development to enhance The Auto Club Group’s ability to purchase high-quality products and services at competitive prices
Companies providing products and services that support the needs of The Auto Club Group are invited to seek business opportunities with our organization. All suppliers are evaluated for their commitment to providing quality products and services at competitive prices. In addition, the ability to recognize and recommend better ways of doing business is a valued asset. The Auto Club Group offers a wide range of products and services to meet the savings, convenience and security needs of our members. The following list of goods and services are areas where there may be potential opportunities for minority and women-owned business enterprises (MWBE’s):
Cartage / Package Services
Drapery and Blinds
Home Health Care
Landscaping and Snow Removal
Marketing and Promotional Services
Medical Services / Supplies
Office Supplies / Equipment / Furniture
Photography Products and Services
Printing and Graphics
Temporary and Personnel Services
For general inquiries and questions, email ACG Procurement. If you are, a minority or woman-owned business providing commodities or services listed above, please contact Helen Ford at 800.352.2988, by email or by fax at 313.436.7150.